Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cake.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!

For Matt's birthday I made a stadium cake.  After making the cake, Mom and I realized that it wasn't that big, so I also made some cupcakes.




The cake was really fun to decorate.  I got to decorate it with Becca.  She was nice enough to let me come over to her house.  She is a "professional" decorator, so I got to use her tools and she was able to give me some tips.  We weren't sure how to decorate the cake at first, but Becca looked online and got some general ideas.  She also had the brilliant idea of making little field posts out of floral wire and tape.  

Oh, and Becca just so happens to make the BEST icing in the whole world.  I deducted that after having several of her cakes.  :)

Hope you liked your cake MATT!

6 comments:

Matt said...

The cake was redonkulous!!1! I hope you have the recipe handy, cause I'll take a repeat of that cake anyday! Maybe during football season, you could make a stadium cake for every game and then we watch the games together while I eat the cake.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cake must have taken hours to do! It looks like something you would buy at the store! I especially like the 2nd picture.

Caroline

Lyndsey said...

I'm impressed Mary..it looks great!!

Mary said...

Matt: I'm glad you liked the cake

Caroline: It actually didn't take that long!

Lyndsey: Thanks!

Carol said...

Wow!! That's a fab cake!!!!!! Lucky guy!!!!!!

Becca Hoover said...

The cupcakes turned out wonderful! Great job Mary. Keep it up.

Blog redesigned by Amy, a redeemed sheep | Template Design | Elque 2008