Monday, May 26, 2008

YES!!

I did it, I finally did it. I learned how to ride a bike.

Christopher had been "nagging" me to learn how to ride a bike. My excuse was, " What bike can I use?". Well, it turns out, we still had Christopher's old bike in the attic, which just so happened to be the perfect size for me. We used our neighbor's flat driveway to get started on (our driveway is a steep hill).

First, Christopher had to show me how to get ON the bike. Luckily, I learned that pretty quickly. Then, I sat up there and pretended to do something while he pulled me forward (he did this a few times).

But then, came the worst part, he had this CRAZY idea that he would just get me moving and then he would LET GO. Well, he let go and I actually didn't fall, I was able to keep going until the end of the driveway. After a little more of that, I moved on to the end of my cove (it isn't a busy street).

It took me a while to get used to using the brake instead of practically jumping off the bike and it also took me a while to turn without falling. But, I'm very happy I now know how to ride a bike, it might come in handy someday. :)

3 comments:

sourpatch said...

Congragulations!!

It will open a whole new world!! Sometimes we'll go to the park and bike ride. My peddle is broken off of my bike so we have to get it replaced....

sourpatch

Unknown said...

Way to go, Mary! I'm proud of you. See, it's never too late to learn new things. And, by the way, what a big brother that will take the time to teach you.

Anonymous said...

Good job! I like riding my bike. I am sometimes afraid that I will fall off and hurt myself though.

My mom fell off her bike one time and now has a scar on her foot.

Not to scare you though-

Blog redesigned by Amy, a redeemed sheep | Template Design | Elque 2008