Thursday, August 28, 2008

Things in my Room Thursday #5





My mom and Jessica really like Ridley Pearson (an author). They found out that Memphis was going to hold the The Southern Festival of Books in 2004, and Ridley Pearson was going to be there signing autographs.



So we "had" to go to see Ridley. Mom and Jessica brought books to have signed and Christopher and I also had a children's book for him to sign. Then we found out about these free posters that they had, so Ridley also signed those, along with a few authors that I hadn't even heard of. There's even one man that signed our posters that Mom and I are pretty sure wasn't even an author!


The poster hangs on the back of my bedroom door, and is this week's Thing in my Room.


Go to MSM and join Things In My House Thursday!!

4 comments:

A happy heart at home said...

That's a one-of-a-kind item!

That's funny about that one man who signed the poster probably not even being an author!

~Susan

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That is really neat!!! And it has a great story to go with it, making it the perfect thing to share with us. :o)

Muddy said...

What a neat poster. I agree-is quite funny that there is someone that signed it that probably isnt an author. Wonder how many he signed that day? :)

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

What a very cool poster! Fake author signature, well, who'd ever know? Maybe you should get it framed!

Blog redesigned by Amy, a redeemed sheep | Template Design | Elque 2008